Lunch Meals at the International School of Dakar

In my school, the International School of Dakar (ISD), lunch meals have changed a lot over the years. I’ve been in this school since 2009. I do not remember what the food was like when I arrived, but in starting in Middle School, we had the option of ordering anything from a menu. We come in the morning at a table. On that table there is a stack of envelopes for each grade. You put your money in the envelope and write what you want for the day and at lunch time, you get your food. The menu varies but what people order most are wraps. They consist of some vegetable and either chicken or beef wrapped in Peeta bread. I remember that when i was in 7th and 8th grade, what people ordered most were the spicy Buffalo Wings. I ate so much of these that I got sick of them. I haven’t eaten them in a while, so I might give them another chance this week. I do not eat a lot during lunch time, but I compensate during dinner time. At my school there is always a hype about a specific meal. This meal people order for about a whole month everyday but then they switch to something else. A couple years ago, the restaurant came up with a new burger that they named the “Thank God” (don’t ask me why). It was a typical burger except that there was crispy chicken inside instead of a steak. The burger was so big that it was cut into two parts. Even with this division it was huge. People were fond of this meal but personally, I was not a big fan. I tried it once but I didn’t like it. I cannot wait to see the future meals that the school comes up with!

Brent Hofacker. Hot and Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings. Photograph. Flickr. Flickr. Apr 4, 2013. Nov 4, 2015.

0 comments