Another One

“Don’t write about him. Don’t try to describe him: watch him play.” – Pep Guardiola on Messi.

Lionel Messi is my favourite soccer player. Ever since I started watching soccer, he has been a consistent starter at FC Barcelona, my favorite team. Today, he has a chance to win another personal trophy and break another record. Tonight, he can win his 5th Ballon D’or. This is a personal trophy for the player who is thought to be the best player of the year. He has won this trophy in the years 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012; he is the only player in the world to have gotten four of these. The closest to this record is Cristiano Ronaldo, the other side of every argument on who the best player in the world is.

Moment_of_the_Champions_League_final_FC_Barcelona_-_Juventus_2015

Messi is considered the most likely to win it this year because of his outstanding performances in 2015. It was a very successful year for FC Barcelona as they were able to win the trophy for every competition that they were a part of. It is their second time in the history of the club, which is a worldwide record. These trophies are:

• Uefa Champions League
  • La Liga BBVA (Spanish Championship)
  • Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup)
  • Uefa Supercup
  • Club World Cup

I could try listing all of the trophies that Messi has ever won, but that is a blog post for another day, although this page does a good job describing him. I truly hope he can win it today and break another record because he deserves it. Here is a video that shows what he can do.

Lluis. Leo Messi Goal v Granada 2014. Photo. Wikipedia. Wikimedia. 27 September 2014. 11 January 2016.

JavierNathaniel. Lionel Messi – Overall 2015 – HD. Video. YouTube. YouTube, 2 August 2015. 11 January 2015.

Todorov, Biser. Moment of the Champions League Final 2015. Photo. Wikipedia. Wikimedia. 6 June 2015. 12 January 2015.

0 comments